Since LA Dog Daddy cares for several dogs at a time and the guests have the opportunity to play together, the health and well-being of each dog is his highest priority. This is why the following are required from every doggie-guest prior to admission:
Proof of vaccination for:
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
as well as:
- Negative fecal test (internal parasite screen) within the last 6 months
- Your dog must be on a flea medication
- Every dog over 6 months old must be either spayed or neutered
IMPORTANT, don’t forget:
- Your dog’s current license (www.ladogtag.org)
- Full information about your dog’s medical issues, if any.
To minimize stress, LA Dog Daddy asks dog parents to supply dog food (and if applicable: medication or supplements) your dog is used to. This will ensure a sense of continuity and help prevent tummy upsets due to diet change.
No matter how annoying the before check-in at dog care requirements appear to be, they ensure YOUR dog’s safety and well-being. (Incidentally, the big hassle takes place THE FIRST TIME you bring your dog to LA Dog Daddy, only!)